Friday, November 7, 2008

Great British Writers Since 1945

I found a very interesting blog post about the greatest British writers since 1945 and I quote below:

The Times list of the Greatest British Writers Since 1945 caught my eye recently and I’ve been slowly working my way through the massive amount of information on the authors and their works. The list consists of 50 British authors, but only eleven of them are familiar to me (Orwell, Tolkien, Lewis, Murdoch, Rushdie, Fleming, Byatt, McEwan, Rowling, Pullman and Sutcliff). Perhaps if I was British I would know more of them? It would be interesting to know what kind of a list people outside of England would come up with and how it would compare.
The link for the post is http://bibliophilist.wordpress.com/2008/01/11/link-great-british-writers/

No comments: